Managing and running an eCommerce business is no simple job. There are several tasks that need constant attention, like listing products, fulfilling orders and payments, and dispatching orders on time, all while keeping the eCommerce marketing and communication efforts in line.
Between all these hecticity, eCommerce automation shows up as a silver lining. It streamlines the repetitious or mundane parts that would have otherwise consumed too many working hours.
Automation saves time that businesses can devote where it truly matters and provide the human touch where it’s needed.
So, let’s dive a little deeper into what eCommerce automation is and how it helps a business grow.
What is eCommerce Automation?
eCommerce automation involves using smart tools to automate small, repetitive tasks that are performed consistently.
Here are a few examples of tasks that an eCommerce business can automate:
- Sending new customers a “welcome email”
- Sending all customers an email newsletter at frequent intervals in time
- Designation of customers based on their purchasing power
- Pointing out errors like a mismatch of shipping and billing address
- Suggesting customers items that complement their purchase
- Sending customers an email asking for a product review (post 30 days of purchase)
- Sending a purchase order to the supplier when inventory falls below a certain threshold
- Sending reminders to customers who have left items in the cart without completing the transaction
Apart from these, many more everyday tasks can be automated with the given technology. With accurate eCommerce development and automation in place, an eCommerce business can focus better on growth and customer engagement.
Important Automations For Your Business Growth
Customer Experience And Support
Improving customer interactions is a great way to make your business stand out. Here are some ideas on improving user experience (UX):
- Track and reward loyal customers: Find customers that are most engaged with your business and reward them with offers and discounts.
- Sync customers to an email list: Email marketing is the backbone of an eCommerce business. With targeted email campaigns, you can turn prospects into customers and increase conversion rates.
- Get customer reviews: Seeking customer feedback help businesses identify their weaknesses and work on them.
- Segment customers based on buying behavior: Divide customers based on their age, sex, interest, and buying behavior and improve target marketing.
Marketing is what helps you win new customers. As more customers flow in, the more profits and growth you attain. Here’s how you can gain new customers with automation:
- Nurture leads: Customers will come and leave your site without purchasing. By automating lead nurturing, businesses can save their contact details and get permission to reach. By marketing the right content, offers, or information, it becomes easier to turn customers’ nos into a yes.
- Auto-schedule social media posts: 54% of social media users search for products through social platforms like Facebook and Instagram. By auto-scheduling social media posts, you can market your brand better without investing a few minutes of the daily work hours.
Purchase Order Approvals
You never have to worry about manually managing inventory or stock with purchase order automation. When with the incoming sales, the inventory reduces to a predetermined level, a purchase is automatically generated and sent to the supplier. The automation also eases purchase order tracking by offering a single dashboard to manage everything.
Vendor And Supplier Onboarding
Switching vendors is something that creates a slight disruption in business. Initially, a lot of information needs to be communicated from both sides (vendor/supplier and business), for example, payment and tax details.
Getting comfortable doing business with a new vendor takes time. If you devote a staff member to manage purchases, you will lose out on what that member usually be doing. That’s where an automated supplier portal comes in. It takes the burden away by sharing and receiving all details relevant to a vendor relationship via a web-based interface. It is fast, precise, and enables your team to stay productive in key areas.
Order management is a vital element of an eCommerce store. It is the process by which customers place orders, and the same gets tracked from start to finish. With the automation of the entire process, customers can boost efficiency and offer a better customer experience.
Here are the various aspects of order management:
- Shipping Labels: The dispatch & delivery of orders is a crucial element that, if not done right, can result in huge losses. Mistakes like mistyping an address on a shipping label or incorrect recording of an order As complete or dispatched in the system can negatively impact business growth. With workflow automation, you can streamline this part of business and get multiple tasks done, from taking orders to deliveries, with just a click on a button.
- Reorder reminders: Customer engagement does not end with a single purchase. After-sale support and continuous marketing are indispensable parts of every business. By sending reminder emails with discounts and offers via automation, you can get customers into buying from you again.
- Abandon cart emails: Most people add products to carts but don’t buy them. Abandon carts are the customers you’re missing out on. With abandoned cart emails, you can do your part to get them back. After a specific time when a shopper abandons their cart, an email is automatically sent to them as a reminder. The best way to ensure winning back customers is to drop personalized emails about the products they added.
The tracking and management of stock are crucial for all online stores.
Shortage of stock will not help you fulfill orders in time, and overstock will take up extra warehouse space. By automating inventory management, you can ensure that sufficient stock is available at all times.
As your stock falls below a pre-determined level, an automatic purchase order will be sent to vendors. This will help meet all incoming sales efficiently and timely.
eCommerce Automation Software
Different software handles the different types of automation. You can go for the ones including several built-in automation features that specifically meet the needs of your eCommerce sites. Here are some of the most popular automation software:
Millions of sites around the world use Shopify to sell, ship, and process payments. The tool offers plentiful powerful features that make “automation” simple and easy.
With Shopify, you can:
- Sell Anywhere: A single platform that enables you to sell anywhere, be it website, social media, or any other marketing platform or online place.
- Boost Marketing efforts: Helps create, execute, and optimize digital marketing campaigns and get the most out of them.
- Manage Everything: Offers the capability to manage everything from orders and payment to shipping and follow-ups from a single dashboard.
Level up the automation features on an eCommerce website with Shopify Flow. Apart from automating day-to-day tasks, the upgraded platform helps with:
- Building custom workflow solutions that help scale business
- Scheduling and running flash sales, marketing campaigns, and product drops
- Automating fraud risk and inventory decisions that further eliminates human error
- Easy-to-use templates that simplify workflows customization
If you’re are building your online store on WordPress, WooCommerce can be the go-to platform for eCommerce automation. It offers numerous extensions, fully customizable features & functionalities, and integrations that help you create something extraordinary right from scratch.
The platform allows integration with other software, which include:
- Email marketing automation tools: To automate the sending of emails to customers
- Automation tools: To simplify internal processes and communication with customers
- CRM tools: To automate necessary but repetitive, manual tasks in customer relationship management.
- Help desk tools: To handle customer queries and provide support from one centralized location.
- Accounting and invoicing tools: To streamline things that were previously overly complex.
With all the information above, you must have understood the power and capabilities of eCommerce development and automation.
At Blue Astral, we are committed to building highly functional and automated eCommerce websites that add efficiency to your business management processes. Our highly qualified and experienced development team customizes the design layout and develops a highly secure payment gateway that makes a website run smoothly round the clock.
If you want to turn your online store into a self-sufficient running business, visit us at https://blueastral.com/.