No business ever wants to risk its sensitive data to cybercriminals. Therefore, it’s essential to secure a website from hacking and be more alert to protect visitors as well.
The more advanced and sophisticated security features and functions for websites’ security are making their way; the more hackers are reinventing themselves to navigate these features.
This has made “Website Security” a matter of great concern among website owners.
Let’s learn how to secure a website from threats.
If you are a website owner or newbie on the digital landscape, a hacked site can come as a big surprise. Here are different threats a website is exposed to when it gets hacked:
- Malicious software: Hackers disable security systems to steal sensitive business data or allow unauthorized access.
- SQL injections: Hackers hide malicious code in databases to steal information.
- Cross-site scripting (XSS): Just like SQL injections, hackers inject malicious scripts into websites to harm visitors.
- DDoS attacks: The attack slows down a site or may crash it completely, making it unavailable for site visitors.
- Vulnerable exploits: By exploiting the system’s vulnerabilities, hackers take charge of a site’s control systems and extract data.
These are the reasons why website security should always be a top priority. To protect a website from a hack, taking help from an agency can help.
How Can an Agency Secure a Website from Hacking?
An agency will have a team of website security experts who can take a look under the hood and determine opportunities for improved levels of security. They can write and place appropriate coding behind a site’s forms, databases, upload portals, and more to stop trespassers from getting in.
To secure a website from hackers, here is what an agency does:
Auditing the website security
Website security is a process that assesses a web system, including core extensions, security controls, security policies, themes, and other infrastructure for loopholes.
An agency performs a thorough audit to enlist all hidden vulnerabilities in a website’s security infrastructure. Once the audit is completed, a penetration test is conducted to check the site for exploitable vulnerabilities. It also provides information about how much risk is attached to each vulnerability.
In addition to expert vigilance, advanced security tools are used to conduct an end-to-end website security audit. After identifying all the hidden vulnerabilities, the patching process takes place to prevent a hack.
Developing an action plan
The agency will outline an action plan that will include:
- Use of strong & unique passwords for each element of a website, like hosting, cPanel, and database.
- Sharing of Administrator access only to limited people.
- Selecting a reliable website hosting provider.
- Setting up a Google Search Console to get updates of malicious and spam reports.
- Keeping the website software up-to-date.
- Updating themes and plugins for CMS-based websites such as WordPress, Shopify, etc.
- Taking a regular backup of websites and their databases.
- Installing a valid SSL certificate.
- Adding Google ReCAPTCHA to contact forms to minimize spam emails.
- Using Cloudflare to protect websites from DDoS Attacks.
Staying current on Security Threats
Agency professionals keep themselves updated with all security threats to keep a site’s defenses up. They also educate website owners regarding spam and attacks to save them from potential threats. By staying current with security threats, website owners can save time and resources, seize better opportunities, and ensure business success in the long run.
Hire a good agency that knows how to keep your website safe
The digital world is fast-changing, and so do the complexities of the security requirements. A new study says that on average more than 30,000 new websites are hacked daily, making it crucial to protect your websites from cyber threats.
You can hire an agency to protect your website and crucial data from hackers. This means you can work on the core business processes without constantly worrying about cybersecurity.
Secondly, the task of securing a website never stops. An agency will constantly look for threats and take necessary precautions to eliminate the risk of hacking.
Hire an agency to secure your website from hacking because it’s always better to be safe than sorry.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.